Susan Hogan is Professor of Cultural Studies and Art Therapy. She has written extensively on the relationship between the arts and insanity, and the role of the arts in rehabilitation, particularly in relation to the position of women.
Her books are:
- Feminist Approaches to Art Therapy (as editor, 1997);
- Healing Arts: The History of Art Therapy (2001);
- Gender Issues in Art Therapy (as editor, 2003);
- Conception Diary: Thinking About Pregnancy & Motherhood (2006);
- Revisiting Feminist Approaches to Art Therapy (as editor, 2012);
- The Introductory Guide to Art Therapy (with Coulter, 2014);
- Art Therapy Theories: A Critical Overview (in press);
- Maternal Ambivalence (co-edited volume in progress).
Website: About Dr Susan Hogan